The above results are shown when searching for How to, and they are ranked based on their popularity, as Google suggest:
"... uses data about the overall popularity of various searches to help rank the refinements it offers"
While some of these questions really make sense (tying a tie is really difficult thus its popularity), kind of makes you wonder why would people be interested in knowing how to grow weed, given it's illegal? Anyway, Google Suggest does its best in filtering out "bad suggestions" (otherwise porn would be the first suggestion for many searches given its popularity), but there are still slips like this - and why would they filter this out since the people searching might only be interested in understanding the process, not applying it. Dissecting a little the top 8 google suggest how to's, for our own knowledge:
- How to tie a tie. What better instructions than video ones - Expert Instructions on How to Tie a Tie.
- How to kiss. This is a tricky one, given it's not followed by "better/using tongue/a frog" - the first advice would be to close your eyes and let the partner show you. If she/he doesn't know, then rub your lips together and use your imagination. Joke aside, Youtube shows you how, again: How to kiss someone passionately
- How to make out. Kind of the same as the previous question, though an updated version of "making out" includes more than kissing. Anyway, Wikihow gives good tips: How to Make Out for the First Time
- How to play guitar. First step, buy one. Second step, learn it from Phoebe Buffet. Serious about learning? Then watch this video: How To Play Beginner Guitar Chords
- How to get a passport. For US visitors only, you just need to find the nearest location to apply for a passport, and after that you'll receive the appropiate guidance. If you're outside US and interested in how to get an US passport, the best way is to marry an US citizen.
- How to save money. WikiHow seems to give some advices (How to Save Money), but if you ask me the best way to save money resumes to two words: CONSUME LESS.
- How to boil an egg. What's that difficult about doing this beats me: you put the egg into boiling water and you leave it for 3-5 minutes. Sometimes it will be a soft boiled one, other times it will be a hard boiled egg. The real question is for how long do you boil an egg?
- How to grow weed. Best part, last. Weed stands for Marijuana (duh), and it's not that difficult. Toughest part is that if you'll get caught you'll share a room with a "nice" bald guy for a while. Your choice. Web is full with homemade tutorials on how to grow weed.
There's so many funny/strange/scary Google Suggest searches that I'm thinking of starting a weekly post on this.