Update 4: All the winners received their new keys. If you haven't won a license, there's still an option to get TweakMASTER for free via TrialPay.
Update 3: There was a mixup with the license codes, so all the licenses we sent to the 10 winners will show this error message:
"Although the serial number is valid, it cannot be used with this version of TweakMASTER. Please see the following website for more information..."Don't worry, we're working with the developer to re-issue new registration keys and we'll resend those to the winners by Tuesday, March 12th 2013 (tomorrow).
Update 2: The contest is over and we've picked the winners, so here they are (all have been contacted):
- Alex Badanuk
- Jessica Burke
- Mayur Sharma
- Vic Limbo
- James Patan
- Owen Vijay
- Peter Warezow
- Angel V
- Krystle Robles
- Corey Olomon
Update: Since this contest is getting close to its end date, join another giveaway where you can win 5 free special effects for FxGuru, an Android app with Hollywood effects via http://www.bestfreeandroidapps.com/2013/01/fxguru-control-ufos-from-your-andoid-phone/Hagel Technologies, the company that develops the popular programs DU Meter, TweakMASTER and Zapeze, gave us 10 licenses for TweakMASTER Pro to organize a giveaway. Each of the winners will receive a license for TweakMASTER Pro, that includes DU Meter 5, so basically 2 programs in a single package, best of all without paying the $40 license fee. Time for some rules regarding the giveaway:
- Just like the previous giveaway where 10 lucky users received licenses for Advanced System Optimizer, anyone can participate for free, no matter what continent you're from, country, state, region or even world. Just scroll a bit until you see the Punchtab widget and join the giveaway. Each of the 10 winners will have the same rights as a full paying customer.
- The giveaway starts today, Friday the 1st of March, 2013 and ends on Saturday, the 9th of March, 2013.
- No cheating (i.e. autoclickers, multiple fake accounts). You can play fair and increase your odds through the social interactions Punchtab provides.
All right, no more blabbing about this, if you want to join the giveaway simply do so via the widget below:
If you don't know what TweakMASTER Pro is all about, read along for a full description on how this program can help you squeeze the performance out of your network, every drop that's possible to get out, it will help you get it. TM Pro is a package that includes tools to optimize your connection, monitor it, preload pages, test your speed, perform DNS look-ups or get whois information, plus other internet related actions. You also get LinkFox, a program that preloads pages of your choice into Internet Explorer to load them instantly and DU Meter, their award-winning network monitoring tool.
Features explained, one-by-one:
- Connection Optimization Wizard. A one-click utility that will automatically set the best options to get the most of your connection. Well it's one click to start the wizard, and a few more to answer a few questions about your computer, but you get the picture.
- Advanced Optimization Settings. This is for the experts out there, it will allow you to manually tweak the hell out of your connection, TTL, MTU, TCP, SYN, ECN and all acronyms you can think of are available here (don't get me wrong, they're not invented by TweakMASTER, they're hidden in Windows somewhere). I prefer the first option, that to let the program do these settings for you.
- DNS Accelerator. This helps speed up the loading of websites in your browser for your most visited websites. It will add the particular hostname-IP combination in your hosts file, so some antivirus programs will scream that the hosts file was changed, so just ignore their warnings, it's something you're allowing on purpose. See, everytime you request a domain off the internet it has to be resolved into an IP address, and that takes some time. With this utility that combination once saved will be kept for a week, so during that week it won't request another time its IP.
- Connection Speed Measurement. It's in our blood to compare things (especially if you're a man) and this utility lets you test how speedy your connection is, both upload and download speed. The higher the better, of course, but it also helps you see what you gain when you optimize your connection.
- LinkFox. This is a tool for Internet Explorer only, so to me it's not of much use (Chrome RULES). But for those that still use IE, it will preload websites of your choice, so that you'll start those faster.
- DU Meter. One of the most powerful tools to monitor network connection utilization on desktop computers.
- Advanced Ping & Traceroute. You can troubleshoot connection problems with this utility, by pinging other websites or do a traceroute to see for instance where a website is hosted.
- Network Connections Viewer. Lists all your currently opened network connections, in case you suspect that a process is doing some communication without you knowing about it.
- Clock Synchronization. You can synchronize your desktop computer clock with that of a very precise server from a list of dozen or so such services (i.e. U. S. Naval Observatory). Yayy, my clock was 8 seconds behind and now it's not anymore.
- Connection Minder. With this utility you can schedule what applications to start only when your internet connection is available. Tools like Skype, Messenger and so on, that you don't want at startup unless you have an internet connection.
- WhoIs Client. You can enter a domain name or an IP address to do a WHOIS and see who owns it for instance.
- DNS Client. Detailed information about specific domain name servers.